Head of Product and Services
South Africa – Durban
This role forms part of the Magic Orange Product Management team and will be embedded within a Scrum team working on Magic Orange’s flagship product. The primary objective of the role is to provide product specialization as part of day to day engineering activities of Magic Orange. The Business Analyst will support Product Managers and work with the Magic Orange business, clients, and any relevant product vendors to understand requirements and work to design, configure and deliver technology solutions that meet the business needs within the product ecosystem.
The person must have experience working with business stakeholders on eliciting business requirements. This needs to include gathering business requirements, mapping business functionality to system capability, product implementation, testing and user training.
Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, as this role liaises with business stakeholders at all levels and enables efficient collaboration between the development team and stakeholders.
- BCom/BusSci or related university degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Computer Sciences.
- 4 years business analysis experience within an agile Scrum environment.
- Previous experience working with accounting/finance related software.
- Demonstrate agile requirements & UML proficiency experience essential.
- Experience in process analysis, data analysis, testing and facilitation in JAD projects.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; you should be comfortable leading, facilitating and presenting at all levels and with our external customers and suppliers.
- Excellent client relationship management skills.
- Excellent documentation and UML skills.
- Strong UI design skills.
- An analytical mindset. Be able to quickly understand and analyse various approaches and processes instantly. Have the ability to drill down to the details, obtaining the right level of specificity for your development team. Eliciting requirements – whether they can be technical or functional – is your strength.
- Able to balance multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect with a broad range of stakeholders, including senior management.
- Strong UX and UI design skills.
- Good presentation skills needed to gain buy-in to new ideas, processes, technologies and designs.
- Broad knowledge and experience of various business analysis methodologies and process modelling.
- Understanding of business analysis standards.
- Solid understanding of Agile SDLC models.
- Broad understanding of technology and the IT industry.
- Good understanding of Accounting principles and standards.
- Good understanding of Financial or ERP software.
- Solid understanding of requirements gathering.