QUALITY ASSURANCE LEAD
South Africa – Durban
Magic Orange is an exciting software product development company responsible for the development, deployment and maintenance of a leading-edge Cost Transparency product that is sold both locally and internationally through a channel of partners.
This role is an opportunity for a candidate to lead an impactful contribution to our business. The incumbent of this role will be responsible for upholding high-quality standards across both software development and client experience. The role contributes to the company’s mission/strategic objectives to provide exceptional product and service quality at all times.
- Software Quality Assurance: Ensure that agile quality assurance strategies and processes are implemented and that all software is thoroughly tested and fulfills the requirements to ensure high quality product releases. Key functions include:
- Identification and preparation of quality acceptance testing plans including wider testing strategy.
- Manual & automated testing of web applications including analytical and reporting data with the emphasis on re-usable automated tests.
- Investigation, identification and recommendation of appropriate open source or commercial testing frameworks and tools.
- Planning, designing, building and maintaining automated tests.
- Collaborating with users and the development team, and continually enhancing testing processes to maintain and improve the quality of delivery.
- Client Experience Quality: Responsible for managing client queries on software quality. Focuses on implementing structured processes to enable exceptional client experience through all communication channels. Client queries are to be managed and resolved timeously and professionally. Key functions include:
- Handling technical and product issues in a timely and professional manners.
- Using a ticket logging system to log and manage client interactions.
- Acting as a liaison between the client and Magic Orange’s internal teams and processes to efficiently handle all technical and product queries by following standardized procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (BSc Comp Sci) or Diploma.
- Quality Assurance/Software Testing Certification (ISEB/ISTQB/SQAMM).
- At least 5 years software testing experience.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in consistently delivering against agreed timelines.
- Problem solving skills and good attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology and of testing process therein.
- Knowledge of various software testing techniques, methods and documentation.
- Knowledge of various automated testing tools for web applications.
- Solid understanding of business processes.
- Understanding of technical requirements and software design.
- Ability to compile test cases, testing frameworks, test plans and reports.
- Good understanding of SQL and basic understanding of C#.
- Financial/accounting domain and systems experience.
- Background in Microsoft development and testing stack.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.